After nearly seven years at PEOPLE digital, I am saying goodbye for sunny Singapore! That’s right. I’m not just leaving PEOPLE, I’m leaving the Western hemisphere. I’ll be writing about my adventures at withlovemai.com so please read along and keep in touch. I’ve had a remarkable run. Thank you.
7 Perks I’ll Miss For Sure at PEOPLE
1. Beauty / Book sales. I’ve stockpiled enough anti-aging cream to turn back time Cher-style and found great reads from Divergent to Martha Beck’s Finding Your Way in a Wild New World.
2. The Movies. I felt like the luckiest person each time I won the Time Warner movie lottery. I got to see Matthew McConaughey’s Ghosts of Girlfriends Past on the big screen without spending a penny. Boom!
3. The free tables on the 29th floor by the kitchen & photo island. I swear those tables were brought to me by the book, The Secret. I’d ask the universe for something and it would materialize on one of those tables. A stone bread pan. Ancestral Continuum: Unlock the Secrets of Who You Really Are. An eyeshadow blending brush and brush bag. Ah-mazing.
5. A3 Asian American Association. If you haven’t visited the photo exhibit near the cafeteria on the second floor, please make the time. The events committee at A3 always delivers relevant & refreshing activities that EVERYONE should take advantage of.
6. The people at PEOPLE (of course!) I’ve learned so much from all of you. You are the MOST talented crew of professionals I’ve worked with in my 13-year career. Keep up the excellence and I’ll be reading from Singapore.
7. Shirtless Zac Efron on PEOPLE.com’s homepage
photo from PEOPLE.com | Credit: Dave/Splash News Online